Saturday, February 9, 2008

Project 1-Amanda


So I love to let other people use my camera. To me my camera is probably the way I feel most connected with God. Therefore, I love to let others use it hopeing that it will somehow do something similar for the other users as well. I know that this may be silly, but if I experiance God in some great way, then I want to be able to share that with others. Sometimes I will take my students out and go shoot, other times I will let them do it on their own so that I don't influence what they see and what they take pictures of.

My camera was a gift to me from my husband for our wedding, so I feel that the best thing to do is to share it as well. Granted, I am rather attached to my camera and if anything happened I would be tremendously sad, but I really feel that if God has blessed me with different material things in life, I must share them and somehow let them be a ministry, otherwise I am holding on to them too tightly. That is my own personal conviction, I don't go around judging others, I just know for me that I have a tendency to love the material. So, instead, I know I must share the material!

And the truth is, out of the sharing of my material possessions have come some AMAZING pictures! So here are pictures from one of the first projects that I did with a student. And I must say, Bravo Amanda Gossack, Bravo!






No comments: