Friday, February 8, 2008

Garden Party...


So on my bucket list I put some of the things that I really want to be able to do before I die. One of them has been on my mind a great deal lately. A garden party. I want to throw a lovely Itallian Evening garden party. I looked on line to see if I could find pictures of the type of garden party that I wanted, and I did so to no avail. HOWEVER, I still found some cool pictures. Here they are.


This one would be fun, but I want mine in the evening.


This picture had to be thrown in there because it is a garden party in the Czech Republic and I think that is just awesome! Seriously, I love this country more and more every day.


This is the picture that is closest to what I want, but I don't want the tent and I don't want it that big. But I love the lighting.


And this is where I think I have gotten my romantic idea from. I adore Jack Vettriano's art. To me it is so interesting. And while I don't want my garden party to be formal, I love the idea of the lights.

So here is what I think I want at my garden party:

-Candles at the tables
-White lights strung around garden
-A full herb garden to pick stuff from
-Shoes optional
-Soft Itallian music
-Good wine
-Fun table cloths
-Good Itallian food
-Lavender Lemonade (or something as refreshing)
-Lots of laughter
-Warm summer evening!


We will see if it happens!

4 comments:

Naomi Haverland said...

I understand the garden party idea now. It sounds very romantic, and I hope I am invited. I am trying to decide what I am going to wear... I think a sundress... and I will have my toenails painted. Do you know a harp player? I think it would be cool to have a harp player. How about a belly dancer?

ceichy said...

I actually do know a harp player. She sometimes covers for me at work. It is REALLY awesome when she plays. She played at our Christmas party. It was beautiful.

Alyssa said...

I want to help. I will cook or send some Ticinese wine...

ceichy said...

If you are in town, or even in the country, you are more than welcome to come to my garden party!!!