Monday, November 10, 2008

Angkor Wat/Siem Reap

Temples, land mines, monks, poverty, tourists, suffering, malnutrition, foreign aid, human trafficing, Hollywood adoption, killing fields...All of these words describe Cambodia. So far having been here my mind and my heart are struggling to process all I have seen. I am sure it will take months to understand all I have seen on this trip. So far I have only been to two different countries, but each place I go is different. Chiang Mai compared to Lopburi, Siem Reap compared to Phnom Penh, River villages, prostitution centers...so much for my mind to comprehend. But the greatest thing about it all is that G is really at work. So many different things are being done, and while there is still so much more to be done and so many more workers needed, it is still wonderful to see even the beginnings of what can happen when people invest their lives in living out what G has asked us to.

Below are pictures of Angkor Wat...a temple that has been both used for both Buddists and Hindu wors-p. This is one of the few things that survived the Khmer Rouge devistation. I pr-y for all of the people who wors-p here so blindly and the people who come here who so badly need true healing. So many deal with Post-tramatic Stress after the Khmer Rouge. May they know what can really bring healing!








No comments: