6-Serve Asia workers met
2-of us traveling
1,000+-times I have thought I wished Aaron was here
600+-pictures taken so far
5-stamps on my passport so far
Ways I have traveled
- Tuk Tuk
- Sung Tao
- The Travellator (see picture below in travelator blog)
Things I have learned
- That financially it is smart for families to send their sons off to be monks: They are fed and educated and they don't need to pay for it
- That it makes me sick to my stomach to see young girls sitting outside a hotel waiting to be picked for the night's events
- That Karma is so misunderstood: One of our missionaries met a boy with a cleft lip and most people were horrible to this little boy (of about 6) saying that it was Karma because he must have done something bad in a past life. The cruelty he faced was horrible. (Side note now he is a Christian and there was someone who came out and was able to fix it!)
- Many people don't understand that our goal in our jobs really is to see people go over short term with a long term impact on their lives...a discipleship process. Many think short-term trips is a glorified vacation.
- That motorbikes are as scary as they look when you are in Asia...but G-d is greater than the scary driving
- That there are so many simple ways that peoples lives can be changed if there are just more people who are willing to work on the fields if G-d calls them.
- That every day two people die in Cambodia because of an undiscovered land mine.
- That so many people make offerings to things they don't even know...especially tourists who go to temples.
- That I really miss good chips and salsa.
- That so many of the long-termers are such amazing and beautiful people and how grateful I am for what they are doing.
Favorite things I have seen:
- Children playing and waving
- The wonderful colors at the Market
- Pictures of people healed from disease, women rescued from prostitution, simple procedures made accessible to those before unable to get them.
- The homes of many of the long-termer and their wonderful children
- Fruit-it is even refreshing to see when you are in this heat!
Songs that have come into my head:
- Wild Horses-Natasha Beddingfield
- My Redeemer Lives-Nicole C. Mullins
- J. loves the little children
- Say-John Mayer
- Do you feel the Mountains Tremble
Things you can pr-y for:
- That I will be able to embrace this last week and have G-d strenght daily
- That I can focus on being here and not going back home (I am missing it dearly)
- That I will be able to stomach all the food that I eat
- That I won't get more bug bites
- That Mandy and I will continue to have a great time together
- That the heat won't get to me especially while I wear pants and long sleeves
- That we will be safe when traveling
- That I will be positive for this last push of the trip
- That I can process all I have been through!
Thanks so much for all of you who are reading this and keeping updated on this trip and walking through it with me!