Monday, January 7, 2008

2 years down, 73 to go...

Two years ago today...Aaron and I were having breakfast at Ihop and acting extremely giddy as we were about to get married in 10 hours. Yes, the morning of our wedding we went out together and ate at none other than...Ihop. And let me just tell you that it was so perfect. While both Aaron and I can enjoy the finer things in life, me more than Aaron, we are both pretty down to earth people...and considering the fact that the way he proposed was waking me up from a nap while I was laying on his parents couch, Ihop seems to fit. Truly, my wedding day was the most relaxing, fun, and perfect day of my life. And yes, there were things that went wrong at our wedding like the fact that my flowers all froze and my brother-in-law almost passed out, but at the end of the day I was still married to my absolute best friend. And, I have to say, that one of the best things of that day was that at the end of the day, we went to our hotel, and Aaron had packed the game battleship, which was the first game we ever played together, and so our wedding night, in our really nice hotel room, we did none other than played battleship...but he won...which wasn't very good considering it was our wedding night, because I am very competitive. HOWEVER, it was still the best way to end the night. I know that I kind of sound white trash starting out the morning with Ihop and ending by playing a board game, but that really defines Aaron's and my relatoinship. I LOVE IT!

So, considering that today is our anniversary, I want to share some of my favorite moments with Aaron...


This is one of my favorite pictures of Aaron and I. He was letting me take pictures so that I could get some ideas of good places to shoot.


This was Aaron and my brother after our Engagement party in Colorado.


This was on our wedding day...SUCH A FUN PARTY!


This was Aaron in Cabo. Seriously this was the best trip of my life. I loved being there with him and with the fresh made nachos and the hammocks and the currios. Great trip!


This was when Aaron and I were in Vienna walking around before we helped lead the GEM-K conference (Greater European Missions Kids)


This was Aaron reading to Jadon, who is our adopted nephew. I love wathing them play together.

1 comment:

Naomi Haverland said...

Happy Anniversary!!
But... did you really do "NONE OTHER" than play battle ship on the night after your wedding??!! Dang.